Wednesday, August 10, 2011

2 Timothy 2

"So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart....And the Lord's servant must not me quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant then repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth.."
2 Timothy 2:22,24-25
These verses have been resonating within me to the praise of the Lord's grace. How can I better flee youthful passions?
"Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything."
2 Timothy 2:7
Wow. That's amazing. I think that verse speaks for itself completely : )
In verse 24 we Christians are called to patiently endure evil. How merciful our Lord in heaven is! This verse encouraged me with the reminder that this world IS evil but by the Lord's grace I cannot let it affect my peace and patience. There is no getting around the darkness but God being rich in mercy, even when we were dead in our trespasses made us alive together with Christ. How mighty to save is He!

No comments:

Post a Comment